Note: In the first version of this blog, I spelled, Dr. Seuss as "Suess". My apologies go to his family. Please don't "seu".
You can't talk about books for children without talking about the incomparable Dr. Seuss.
Below are the Dr. Seuss books that I think no home should be without.
- Green Eggs and Ham.
(Best. Children's. Book. Ever.Honestly, it's perfect.)
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
(Better than A Christmas Carol because it's shorter and it rhymes.)
- Hop on Pop.
(A little short on plot -- but excellent if you are learning to read!)
- The Foot Book. (A book on opposites.)
- The Cat in the Hat
- The Cat in the Hat Comes Back
(Just when you thought it was safe to shovel snow…)
- Dr. Seuss's ABC's
- Sneetches (and other stories)
(Helpful when your youngster is considering that star tattoo on their belly.)
- Yertle the Turtle (and other stories)
(You could use this story in a political science class.)
- To think that I saw it on Mulberry Street
(For the storyteller inside all of us.)
That's my list...What are your favorite books by Dr. Seuss?